Today is Hayden's second birthday and for the second year in a row, Grandpa and Grandma are out of town. It's sad we aren't there to celebrate, but thankfully, Amy and Spencer are having his party on Monday so we can be there. Having them live with us this Summer has made me even more attached to Hayden and I know I will be crushed when they leave come August, but it is totally worth it having them here. We have seen many "firsts" for him this Summer, including watching him learn how to swim/float, and the whole family is enjoying having him around.
Steve and I are in San Diego for the CLE by the SEA, a legal conference held at the hotel Del Coronado. It is the third time we've come to this (I posted about it last year) and it is my favorite kind of couples trip. He likes to get up and go somewhere in the morning and I like to relax, so we both get our way:). He goes to the conference in the morning and I get to sleep in, exercise and take my time getting ready. Then we go play together in the afternoon, in amazing weather! We ate at some of our favorite Coronado restaurants and went to see Harry Potter 6 at Horton Plaza. The last time we went to Horton Plaza. (a huge shopping center in downtown S.D.), was when Home Alone 2 came out! It has really changed a lot since then and everywhere was crazy crowded. I'm sure it's because of the amazing weather, but since we don't love crowds, we were happy to go back to the hotel and chill for the rest of the night. There is a simple necessity to get away just the two of us at least once a year for at least 48 hours. It's just good therapy for a marriage, and I'd be happy to go anywhere, but San Diego was wonderful and Steve can get most of his continuing legal education out of the way for the year.
"My hunk o' hunk o' burnin' love" and the view of the courtyard
Our room.
Horton Plaza
Simply the best pasta dish in the world.....at Il Fornio...pure bliss!
The only bad part is being gone for my Presh's birthday. Good thing he's too young to realize it's his birthday. I have too many great pictures of him from over the Summer to post them all, but I here are a few of my favorites along with few from our trip (which I'll post as soon as we get home). Now it's home to the heat and the kids and responsibility, and to be honest, most of the time, I wouldn't have it any other way:).
(One look at this smile and do you wonder why I love him so?)
First popsicle....two actually!
My little Fishy-man!
Nothing like these cute little baby buns! (First time catching bubbles naked:)
Steve and I both have I-Phones and Hayden loves to play with them, especially "Smack-Talk"
Hayden loves his Pappa and acts like his shadow when Steve is home.
Goofing-off with his cars at Rosa's. He was in a funny mood that day.
Getting a haircut, something which requires teamwork to keep him distracted:).
Here is a video of him swimming, isn't it amazing how much they can learn, this young?



7 comments:
happy birthday bubba!! im so sad i cant be there for it but im so excited to be at his party. miss you guys! see you tomorrow yay!
Happy birthday baby cakes!! Cute pics Mom! Love the white, naked buns :)
It's such a relief when those little ones learn to swim. That is amazing for two years old!!
wow thats amazing i was like okay take a breath sigh!!!!!! then he turned over very cool... how fun for you to have them in your home this summer, expect it to be way quit when they leaves...
I want to go to San Diego!!!! Do you reeeeaaallly exercise while on vacation????? Come on, fess up!
Absolutlely! I HAVE to, especially since I'm eating way too much and besides, walking along the beach doesn't feel like excercise:). Especially in 70 degrees. I actually enjoy it! (But no "bootcamp":).
That is one loved little boy! I can't believe he is 2! He is such a cutie! Sounds like San Diego was amazing and relaxing :) And thank you for your sweet comments, I look forward to them and I appreciate the thoughtfulness you put into them, they really make my day! You are so sweet thank you!
Post a Comment