Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Star is Born!

This weekend Carly was in 3 performances of MCC's "The Magic of Musical Theatre" workshop. It's a Summer workshop that has been running for over 20 years. Several of my kids have done it. This year Carly was with her cousin Hanna and a few of her friends. They had a blast! It is such a good quality performance considering it consists of kids from grades 5 to 12 with little or no singing experience who have 2 weeks to learn tons of songs. Carly had a few short solos and she did awesome! We all enjoyed it, especially the kids. Some of the pictures are rather blurry since I haven't figured out how to take pictures with auto focus on and the flash off! Any suggestions would be welcome. :) We love you Carly!

5 comments:

Spencer and Amy said...

Way to go Carly!! You look BEAUTIFUL :)

Katie said...

I wish that I could have been there to see the girls! About the camera, if you increase your ISO you should be able to shoot at a faster shutter speed which would take away the blur. The shot might be a little more grainy but that is kind of what you have to do in low light without a flash. We can talk camera at the beach if you want. I think that pictures look great!

Hina Schneider said...

Good for Carly to go out and do these theater performances. I am sure she did a fantastic job.

Karen said...

Looks fun! Yes, Kacey went with school (MCC) and she was gone for a month. I wish she would have gone with Chelsea (or anybody else she knew). But they have these experiences so that they will grow. Right?

Anonymous said...

Hey, your blog looks awesome! I love it! And such great pictures, so cute! Email me your email address again so I can invite you to my blog.
keirapoulsen20@yahoo.com