Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'll Love You Forever!



So I'm feeling a bit more in the mood for Christmas and I'm sure the weather has something to do with it. Although it didn't help me that Amy and my "presh" left yesterday after being here almost 2 weeks! Having Hayden here took me back to the days of when my babies were young and even though I don't have the energy to be a young mom again, it reminded me that my own baby days are over. It' s both a sad and liberating thought.

Since they are getting so grown up I sometimes wonder what my purpose will be when they're all out of the house. But then I realized that my babies are mine forever! And they will always be MY babies.  Even when they turn 40 years old, they will be my babies. And I will still be their mom.
I love the children's book, "I'll Love You Forever", it so sweetly reminds us of the love of parents to children and children to parents and the cycle goes on and on. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've been given to raise the spirits I was sent. They are all valiant, strong, capable spirits who are learning of their divine potential and just beginning to use it in their lives. They're not perfect but they each have a desire to do what's right and I am so blessed to be their mother.

So today I wanted to take a minute to remind them each how much they are loved. And remind myself just how lucky I am to have them in my life.

To all my babies....

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living, (and longer!),
My baby you'll be!

(No matter how grown up you are:)


15 comments:

Spencer and Amy said...

You're so cute mom :) I'm so grateful that I get to be your baby forever! And we can't wait to come back in just 9 more days! Hayden misses you too :) He loves you to pieces and so do I. How did we get so lucky? I don't know but I'm sure glad to have you for a Mom and as one of my best friends :) Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

I am feeling a little melancholy so this just made it worse....thanks...I think I will go to an AC/DC concert tonight. Mid-life crisis' are great....

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Ah that book always makes me cry... good post Gail, Thanks

Kristin said...

Awe, so I adore that book. For many many months that was Austin's favorite book and I had to read it to him about 20 times a day. I think I cried over it or at least teared up thinking about it everytime I read the book until about time 100. It is one of my favorites and I think it always will be. How true it is!

Patrice said...

I've loved that book for a very long time, too! I don't know your oldest kiddos. They are sure cute!

Chelzy said...

Oh thanks Mom! I love you! I love that book too! I remember you used to read it to us when we went to bed. : )

Jules said...

i love this post! you do have some cute babies :) and i love you too!! i seriously can't wait to come home for christmas. Being away makes you appreciate the time you have to spend with your family. love you guys!

Meredith Ferrin said...

Cute pictures Gail! Seeing your first three as babies is how I remember them! So cute! Your kids are adorable all grown up! I hope you guys have a great holiday!

Spencer's brother TK married my husband's cousin. Dene's mom is married to my Father In Law's Brother. Does that make sense?

Suz said...

That book is a tear jerker. Seriously. I can't read it without the throat lump. Okay... so the Ellsworths should reproduce half the planet! These children are beyond breath taking! Did Amy move away? (sorry, I missed that!) I love the constant reminder of how much a mom loves her kids. You surely get a taste of that reality when you become a parent, yourself... You are a cute mom. When will Julie be home? Is she at BYU? I have a cute friend there who is going to Law school. I think she should meet him. He is a little older than her, but BOY howdy... If I hadn't found Nate when I did, I would have been trotten after him... a little younger than Me... but who cares! I don't want him to hook up with just any ol' lady... she must be a dream! So I save my favs for a match!

Mackenzi said...

You're such a sweet mom. I love seeing the baby pictures of everyone.

mandi said...

thanks for inviting me to your blog, I've always wanted to leave comments and see you guys ,but could never enter cause you are private. you guys are such a special family and are so giving and generous. You have touched my families lives and you have helped my mom through the hardest thing that could ever happen. She needs friends like you. Your kids are great and Julie is such a good friend for Alli. Thanks for everything you do,you are so great

Grandmommy Crum said...

I love, love you! Your beautiful family radiates goodness, and love! Its because of how they have been raised, you truly are an example of how to raise a family who is pleasing to the lord. I miss you, we need our lunch date, see you soon...... Macaroni Grill is calling us!!!!

Alexa Mae said...

this was so sweet!! you do have beautiful kids. and they all turned out soooo sweet and amazing! thank goodness for forever!!

Itsagirlsworld said...

Gail this was an awesome post! It hits home for me espacially right now with 3 of the 4 girls not living at home. Christmas was a liitle different this year but all in all was good! Thanks for the invite to your blog. Sorry I'm commenting on an old post. I just loved this one though

Itsagirlsworld said...

Ok so I spelled ESPECIALLY wrong on the last comment. I hate when I do that. :)