
The day is almost over and it has been a good one. I should have posted this early but I'm not to on top of my blog lately. My third baby girl is Nineteen today!!! I really can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm the mother of 3 adults! I love them as adults, I just don't remember when I stopped being the mom with 6 little kids all under one roof. However it happened, it happened. and soon I will be out of a job:(. Life marches by and it is certainly marching for my Chelsea. Saturday we leave to take her to Utah and from there we will be sending her off to Jerusalem study abroad for nearly 4 months. She is my most adventurous child and even as a toddler was always exploring in places most little ones overlook. She loves to learn and will continue to expand her knowledge for many years to come. I hope her day was good and she felt as loved as she is for that is what I tried to do...show her my love for her today and always!

Today started with early church for us, then I made her favorite breakfast food (for lunch), cinnamon pull aparts with eggs and fruit. I tried something new and made them into individual pull aparts in muffin tins. It worked out great...they cooked faster and were already portioned.

For dinner I made her my best pot roast with all the fixin's and we had some cousins and grandparents here to help us celebrate. I usually make the kids their favorite cake but this year she asked for a vanilla bean cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. It was delish! (Why is it always about the food?)
These are her gifts and along with these, Steve and I took her out to dinner at Firebirds. Every birthday we take only the birthday child out with mom and dad to the restaurant of their choosing. She has been craving Firebirds for awhile so that's where we went. It's a fun tradition since we have a large family, there is little chance for us to spend time 2 on 1. She got a new purse for Jerusalem and a few other little things. Her girl friends came over last night to celebrate (since most of her guy friends are on their missions) and she still has a few lunches planned for next week before she leaves. It will no doubt be a full but happy week:).
4 comments:
How wonderful that she gets to go to Jerusalem! I'll have to have Melissa call her and get the low down on how to do it!
Thanks ma! It was an amazing birthday and everything turned out wonderful! The food was especially delicious! ;D Thank you soooo much for an awesome birthday!!!
yay happy birthday chelsea!! looks like it was just perfection. im so bummed i wasnt there for it. miss you!! see you soon :)
Happy Birthday!! The food sounds delish! Wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment