I already posted a tribute to my grandson Hayden but we never covered the birthday party...or more importantly, the cake. Yes, I dusted off my creative cake making skills and made Hayden a car cake for him. Not just any car cake mind you but "Lightning McQueen" from the movie "Cars". There has not been a day since he came to live with us that he has not watched Cars. It is definitely a favorite, so he was very excited when he saw the cake!
I have made many cakes over the years for my kids, especially when they were little. If I can find any pictures of the past cakes, (if I ever get the photos organized), I will scan them and post them one of these days. I've used all kinds of edible things to create cakes, but I had yet to work with fondant. Fondant is cool stuff and we needed it to make all the windows and windshields. It was a challenge, but I love a challenge when it comes to certain things.
Amy and Spencer invited lots of their friends and some family members. There was swimming and goodies and all kinds of fun. He was a very spoiled 2 year old, and I loved spoiling him:).
Now he has left me to go home with his mom and dad and aunt Julie to Utah for another year of law school. I am sad but I know it's for the best. I didn't get much done while they were here, but I didn't mind at all. Now I have to get busy and stay busy so I won't miss them all too much. At least I have a few handprints Hayden left behind. Since that's all I have left....maybe I won't clean the door for awhile:).



8 comments:
That cake is amazing! You were a terrific mom, and now the best grandma!
That cake was awesome. You did a great job. I will let you make cakes for me anytime.
Darling cake! What a fun Mimi you are! How about I help you stay busy by helping me redo my bedroom????
I'd love to help you Marci, just say when:).
Thanks mom for making such a killer cake!! He loved it! We miss you already :)
You can teach me to decorate cakes in your spare time. You know I am on the verge of losing my first born. I'm trying not to think about it.
Such a cute cake and what a great Grandma he has, I must not show this cake to any of mine.... Love the little handprints they make me smile.
Post a Comment