Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Son the Black Belt!


Dear Sean,

I know it's not your birthday or anything but recently a few milestones have occurred in
your life and I've been too busy to post about them and I feel impressed to tell you, on the record how proud I am of you.
I still think of you as my little boy and can't believe that you're really a young man, whose nearly an adult! You've had so many obstacles in your life and have overcome so much to get where you are today. I don't tell you enough how amazed I am at your many accomplishments, in spite of much adversity for someone so young.
You've overcome speaking and reading delays from multiple ear infections as a little boy. You've had to deal with peers being less than kind more often than not and hardest of all, you've had to deal with having 4 mothers:). You're three older sisters and me have often been too bossy and critical of your boyishness. You have borne it well and managed to show patience beyond your years and managed to ignore us enough to show us what you're capable of.

Here you are a senior in high school and you have received "exceeds" in reading and all but one of your aims tests! You now read a book faster than ANYONE in the family, even dad! Your academic miracles are only part of how you never cease to amaze me. You are the taxi for me, taking your brother and sister where they need to go when I cannot and you run errands for me like a pro, without complaint. You're an eagle scout and have consistently earned your duty to God awards each year. Now you are a black belt in Karate, just like your dad! This is a goal you have worked hard on for over two years and I'm so proud of you for reaching it!

I often worried too much about you and realize now that I should have just kept the faith, knowing a loving Heavenly Father was in control. Most of all Sean, you are one of the kindest souls on earth and incredibly forgiving. I'm so proud of you and promise to tell you that more often.

I love you forever...

Mom:)

Here are a few pictures of my firstborn son as a black belt and at Homecoming with his date, Marianna





Dad let him take his car for the night:)


Dinner at the Halm's house



7 comments:

Suz said...

what the heck... When did Sean grow up? How long have you been gone? Seriously... This is crazy!!! He is way cute. And obviously talented... and driving a seriously HOT car! And WOW! Fabulous!

Jules said...

what a sweet post mamma! sean is seriously such an amazing brother :) everything you have said is so true. he is such a sweet and loving guy and its crazy how much he has grown up so fast! such a stud! love you sean! :)

Sharon said...

Sean..you rock!! Oh, and your mom forgot to mention you give great hugs...Congrats on all your accomplishments,but mostly because you have a huge heart and...because you can ALWAYS make me laugh :)

A Day in the Life said...

What a great tribute to your son. How proud your are of some really great accompishments. Way to go Sean.

Spencer and Amy said...

Way to go Sean! I'm so excited that you got your black belt! And you look like a stud in your suit! Our little boy is all grown up :)

Patrice said...

Rhett and Savanna are in karate. Maybe someday I can blog the same thing. Congratulations!!

Hina Schneider said...

OMG! Sean and his date look absolutely gorgeous together. Way to go on the black belt that is so awesome.