Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dressing up in STYLE!


RICKY AND LUCY BOBBY:)

It's been a few years since I got all dressed up for Halloween and so I gave in this year. I found
a couple of "racing" jackets at a thrift store for 1.98 each and added a few Nascar stickers and props to create none other than....

Ricky Bobby and his "smokin' hot, stone cold fox" of a wife (and YES, I AM being sarcastic!:) Lucy Bobby, (from "Talledega Nights").

The movie is funny, but of course stupid and yet it spawned and idea. A very simple idea, since we already had the blonde wig from when Carly went as Elle Woods (Legally Blonde). I had several people tell me I should go blonde at the neighborhood trunk or treat, which is funny cuz I actually look a lot like my sister Ann who IS blonde. It was fun, for night. I'm not sure if it means that blondes ALWAYS have more fun, but I'm not too worried about it:).

Later on we went to a few spook alley's/haunted houses put on by local neighbors for fund raising and one was VERY scary and the other was only a little scary. It was fun for Steve cuz I have NEVER gone to one with him and he loves them and for 27 years has been wanting me to go to one. These were lame in comparison to the ones he likes but it was fun enough.

Carly was the Queen of the Nile and Austin wore a microwave on his head for the trunk or treat and later was a scary guy at a haunted house he was helping with. Sean was the same scary guy at the trunk or treat but I never got his picture. Christian, who is staying with us went as a flashing Ninja, but had taken off his costume before he got home:).

In spite of all the fun and the "idea" of dressing up, I'm SO glad that it's OVER!!!
Halloween is a big pain in the neck for moms. Especially mom's of teenagers. They either have too much going on or nothing at all and they always want costumes at the last minute, which they expect me to arrange. It's just too stressful for the payoff, I think we're going out of town next year!



THE END!

8 comments:

Spencer and Amy said...

I love your costumes! Hilarious!! Carly looks sexy and Austin's costume is awesome :) Miss you guys!

Jules said...

OOOH MY GOSH you look awesome! and carly looks hot!! i love halloween at home you always make it so fun. the dogs costumes are hilarious too :) miss you guys!!

julz said...

TOTALLY HOT

Anonymous said...

You and Steve looked SO good! Great idea! I wish I was as creative as you! I also want to be done with Halloween. Not my favorite, but we had a fun night!

Mackenzi said...

Love the costumes! You are so creative!

John and Cheri said...

Awesome! It looks like you had a fun time. I can only imagine the movie lines you two were giving all night...wish I was there. The dogs are hilarious. I love it. Michael and Kiki just got a puppy that reminds me of you guys because of Chloe. It is a Chiweenie. Yes, part chiwuawua, part dachshund. They named him Max and he is 8 weeks old. You would love him. Love you guys!

Barbie said...

We are just too dang lazy to dress up. I'm spent after getting the kiddos together. You guys are awesome. Maybe we'll grow up to be you.

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

I might like you as a blonde!!! you guys look great sounds like you had a fun night, I took Oscar around !!ha I have a few more years till I'm out! lol we had a good time though...