Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Winning Weekend!


This weekend started out with some GREAT news! Austin was running for 7th grade VP at
Poston Jr. High and HE WON!!! He ran for President in 6th grade and didn't win. Five out of my 6 kids have run for office in elementary school and 3 of the 5 of them, won. None of them ever wanted to try again, especially those who lost. So I was especially proud of him for trying again, especially at a bigger school and even happier that he won!

His 13 year old birthday was scheduled for that night, Friday the 13th! Our family considers the number 13 to be lucky since Steve was born on Friday the 13th and is the 13th grandchild and has 13 letters in his name. Austin had roughly 13 boys and girls over for a movie themed party. We had candy like you can buy at the theatres and popcorn and mini sodas and water. We played Ultimate Charades with movie titles and some other games. Then they sort of watched Nacho Libre before ending with a Krispy Kreme cake! I sent them home with the usual overload of sugar:)


Look Ma, No Baking:).
Saturday started early as we had to attend the Holiday Trade Fair put on by Arizona Trade Exchange. This is the barter group that we belong to and it's a tradition for Steve to take all of his employees and let them get some Christmas shopping done. It is manic and crazy and people are grabbing things everywhere but it's a fun tradition that seems to kick start the holidays.

Right after that was Austin's football game and it was close and fun and his team won! They have only lost one game this season and this one was pretty close but they pulled off another win in the last few minutes.

Sunday was eventful in that we got a new bishop in our ward and I made one of Austin's favorites for both breakfast and dinner. French toast with buttermilk syrup and pork roast with roasted apples and onions. He chose an oreo cheesecake for his birthday cake and I picked up a small one from Cheesecake Factory on Saturday to save me some work and temptation today. I think he had a pretty good weekend and birthday. The only problem now is that my youngest child is now a teenager and I feel old.

Happy Birthday Austin! You Rock!!!
13 going on 30:)

6 comments:

Spencer and Amy said...

Happy Birthday Austin!! Wish we could have been there! Congrats on becoming the new VP as well! Love you :)

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad everything turned out good! Happy Birthday Austin! Did you get your tickets?

Gail said...

Yes, I did!!! Call me and I'll fill you in:)

Jules said...

happy birthday austin!! i wish i could have been there for it!! i miss you all soo much! his party sounded like it was so much fun :) good job mamma!

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

And to think I have a few more years!!!help...looks fun, he's a cute kid, glad you had a fun evening.