l for....Christmas blessings....
This time of year seems to tug at my heart and remind of so many things I am grateful for. Life has it's ups and downs, but during the Holidays, I think most people, including me focus on the little joys in life. Right now my little joy is having more of my kiddos home, especially the littlest one, Hayden. He is talking up a storm and is so much fun right now. Amy and Hayden came home early to get out of Spencer's hair during finals, so I get to have them for the whole month! I love getting Hayden hugs and kisses and hearing his voice all through the house. I just can't get enough of him!
I'm grateful I got my Christmas shopping and decorating done before he got here, although there is so much more to do and I don't want to do anything but play:).
Julie came for a few days last week for her friend Brianna Lee's baby shower and so my house felt almost full for a few days.
Chelsea came next, on Friday, the 18th and we were so excited. Then on Sunday, the 20th, Julie and Spencer got here and I finally feel whole again:). Home for Christmas has way more meaning to me now.
In addition to a full house, I'm even grateful for school Christmas concerts. Carly's two choirs performed at the Temple on the 10th and Austin and Carly performed their concert on the 16th. I'm grateful my kids love to sing:). We may not be the best musicians, but if I can instill in my family a love of music, then I will be content. I'm grateful for cousin get togethers and cuddling on the couch.
I'm grateful when we get to go out to dinner at a favorite restaurant to celebrate homecomings. (Chelsea's first request when we picked her up was to go to Rosa's for Mexican food:).
I'm grateful for Christmas lights, especially the Temple lights and the Christmas cards and goodies we receive. I love catching up on the lives of our friends and family who I don't often see. I love the way everyone seems a little nicer and I love playing secret Santa for someone who isn't expecting anything. I'm grateful that I've managed to maintain some recent weight loss in spite of this season of eating which for me is no small thing:). I'm grateful that my husband has work and works hard for all of us.
I'm the most grateful for my Savior, who makes EVERYTHING possible and who loves me no matter what. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and feels as grateful as I do!
First Amy & Hayden...
Then Chelsea...
Cousins on the couch...




3 comments:
Cute post Mom! We love being here too and I love that the whole family is finally together again! I Heart Christmas :)
cute and i love the bottom picture!
Looks like you had a great Christmas! Feels like I haven't seen you foreeevvvveeerrr! Glad that you were able to keep off the weight loss! That is one huge accomplishment!
Post a Comment