We recently joined the DVC. This stands for Disney Vacation Club. Which is really a Disney version of a time share. The difference is you purchase points which are good to use at any Disney Resort, ANYWHERE in the world. Since we don't have the cash for flights to other resorts very often, the only way it made sense for us was because they recently opened the "Villas at The Grand Californian". So now we have a home away from home in the happiest place on earth. They are equipped with a full kitchen and lots of room and so we planned to cook dinner each night which will save on the food costs when we go.
Even though there was only half of us, Steve was dying to try out our new "home" and since we had already purchased annual passports for Steve and I and the 3 youngest kids at Christmas, it wasn't going to cost us anything out of pocket so we made a quick trip to California to check it out. It did NOT disappoint us at all and we managed to get great weather and even had a terrific view of Paradise Pier inside California Adventure. I wish I taken pictures of the rooms themselves but I did get a few from the room. They're working on a new exhibit call "World of Color" and when it's done, you'll be able to see it from the villas! We are already planning to go back in October for October break:). We may never go anywhere else on family vacations, but at least we love it there. View from the bedroom...
This little candy shop in Downtown Disney made the cutest carmel apples:)....
Carly really wanted her face painted....
A Big Howdy from Woody and Jessie!

The Tower of Terror, MY FAVORITE Ride!
We drove home on Sunday and it was a beautiful day. Since we weren't in a hurry and we were so nearby, we stopped at my dad's gravesite at Forrest Lawn Cemetary. It was really nice for me to see it again and for my younger kids to remember him, since they never met him:).
The view from his gravesite.....
It was short and sweet, but just what we needed:)







3 comments:
How fun!!! What better home away from home than the Happiest Place on Earth :) Thank you for your sweet comment Gail, I always love hearing from you!!
I am so incredibly jealous right now! I so wish i could have come! It looks like you had fun though. I can't wait to see the villas :)
How exciting! Disneyland looks like soooo much fun. One day we hope to go there too. Congrats on the time share that's so amazing.
Post a Comment