Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Italy Part 3 - Lake Como

Steve and I went to Italy for our 27th anniversary. This is the second time we've gone and we visited Venice, Milan and Lake Como. The following pictures are from the Lake Como area which was probably my favorite place so far. It is a lake shaped like an inverted Y and it is one of the deepest in Europe. It is nestled in mountains just sound of the Alps so it is cold and beautiful but it becomes warm and a great summer destination. We went when we cold and still found it amazing even if it wasn't at it's "best". I took literally thousands of pictures and this is just a sampling but several which HAD to be included. I will separate Italy into 3 posts and this one was the last. So the last shall be first:). The pictures are not in any particular order, each one being amazing in it's own right, (you just can't take a bad picture) and I'll comment on those which need explanation.



This is Sir Richard Branson's house. (He owns Virgin Airlines)





Cooking class in Varenna. (That's Me and Moreno, the chef) I learned to make gnocci, handmade pasta, veal scallopini, gorgonzola cream sauce and risotto. So good:).

This was our hotel in Tremezzo
I saw this baby playing in the rocks and couldn't stand how cute she was! And she was so roly poly, I just HAD to take a bunch of pictures. She still makes me smile just to see her face:).
Her momma said "She eats well".
These next two are Villa Balbionella, which is famous from films like Casino Royale and Star Wars. It was closed when we were there so we had to take pic's from a boat.
This part was used in the wedding scene of Star Wars.



This was the view from our hotel room:).
THE END

2 comments:

A Day in the Life said...

What beaytiful pictures! Nice to see that you have come back to the blogging world.
Thanks again for helping me.. LOVE it!!

Spencer and Amy said...

How fun! I love seeing places from movies! You got some great pics!