It's over! Graduation that is:). Yup, child number 4, aka: Sean has graduated from Seminary and High School and I am so proud of him!
I'm also exhausted and happy all of the fun is dying down a little so I can get my house in order and feel on top of things before Summer takes over.
Tuesday night was Poston awards assembly for Austin and Carly, and a graduation dinner for some of Sean's friends which we were invited to but Steve and I had to miss most of it due to the conflict.
Wednesday we met the Davis family for dinner at Rosa's to celebrate Sean and Maddy's graduations and then on to Seminary graduation. It was a very nice ceremony and then home to crash:) My foot is still hurting from my injury. (see previous post)
Thursday started out earlier than usual since it was graduation rehearsal for Sean at 7:00 AM.
Sean came home and crashed so he could stay up for grad night.
Graduation was absolutely perfect! The weather was amazing and there were no natural disasters. I say this because we have had some interesting experiences in the past. Amy's graduation was the one when there was a dust storm that overtook the stadium. Julie's graduations was just ridiculously hot. Chelsea's was in the pouring rain and 50 degrees! Due to our past experience, we really appreciated the perfection:).
Sean went on to the grad party and then to a friends house to crash. We didn't see him until 2:00PM or so on Friday and since it was the first official day of Summer EVERYONE slept in, but not for as long.
Then we got busy cuz we've been putting the house back together from the floors being redone in two of the bedrooms due to the leaky roof we had a few months ago.
It feels good to have things back together and so nice to have most of my kids under the same roof since Julie was able to come home for the week. We were able to go out to dinner and celebrate as a family with everyone except Amy, Spencer and Hayden. It was so much fun, but we missed you guys:).
Here is a pictorial of all of the festivities....
These two are my "twins" since they are only 21 months apart and until the last few years, when Sean started growing, they were so similar in size and coloring that ever since they were about 2 and 4, people have asked me if they were twins. I often just said "yes" since it was easier than explaining why they were so similar in appearance. Now, his "big" sister is his "little" sister:).
It was hard to find all of his friends on the field, but here are some that he found. Nathan and Sean have grown up together since elementary school and were neighbors for several years.
Sean with his cousin Tanner, just 3 months older than him:).
CELEBRATE!!!
Dinner with the Fam...
The usual "shrine" to the graduate:)
Dinner with the Davis's before Seminary Graduation...
I still can't get over the fact that I will shortly have only two kids left at home (officially). Good thing Steve is needing me at the office more cuz I'm not going to be needed for this job much longer:). Way to go Sean! This is the final post for May and the last one All about Sean for awhile:) THE END



5 comments:
Graduation is such a fun and stressful time! Looks like you celebrated well! What is with your foot?
I forgot to post about my "injury". I tripped over a box in my kitchen and may have broken my pinky toe. I have a gruesome picture of it and meant to post it, but haven't yet:). Of course it was right in the middle of everything!
Yay!! That's so exciting! I can't believe he just graduated! He is getting so old! I'm so bummed we couldn't come, but thanks for posting all the pics! It feels like I was there :)
I agree with Amy I can't believe it! What an exciting time for him! Congrats Sean!
Great pictures!
Post a Comment