Just for the record, they don't really say that in Australia. I know this because we've had an Australian student living with us for the past few weeks. And he doesn't even like seafood.
His name is Matthew Cain and he was one of 44 Austrailian teens (through Mtn. View H.S.) who came for a short tour (3 weeks total) of America. They started in San Fransico for 2 days, then they came to Arizona for the next 11 days (where they took them to the Grand Canyon, Sedona & Tucson) and then they left us to go to So. California for the last 4 days visiting Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm and more.
Matt is 15 and is the youngest of 3 kids. He's from Melbourne and he doesn't know any of the actors who are from there:). He told us that Outback is wrong about several sayings they use. He thought it was a bit ridiculous. He actually said he loved OUR accents! We thought that was so funny, because we loved HIS accent.
(These are the only pictures I have of him, because we always forgot the camera)
We took him for REAL Mexican food and Arizona BBQ and we brought him to church with us. We had a lot of fun sharing time with Matt and he said he didn't want to leave us when it was finally time to go. That made me feel good because I could never tell just how he was feeling about his stay here. I feel bad it took me so long to agree to having an exchange student come. Chelsea had asked me two years in a row and Sean asked me last year, but I just assumed it was for a whole semester and I just couldn't deal with that. Finally, Sean said something this year about it being only a few weeks and I thought THAT, I could deal with. I'm so glad I did, we now have a friend from Australia and we hope at least some of us will be able to visit him someday!



4 comments:
How exciting. An australian exchange student. Yeah! I totally love their accents its so awesome and soothing. Oh by the way tell Steve thanks so much for hooking me up with the job with Dr. Nile. He is soooo awesome and so great. I love maureen she's cute.
how fun for your family.. glad they keep them busy while they are here and take them to fun places..
What a neat experience, sounds like it was a good one too. Tell Carly her hair looks great, very cute!
How fun! I wish we could have met him in person. It's sounds like you all had lots of fun :)
Post a Comment