Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference or Bust!

We finally made it to conference!  Steve and I haven't been since President Hinckley, first became the prophet.  Back then conference was still held in the tabernacle.  Our oldest kids have been in the last few years, but the rest of us have never been to conference in the conference center.  We decided to fly up to conference instead of skiing during Spring Break. Right after we got our airline tickets, we were able to get 6 tickets to the Sunday afternoon session of conference. (Saturday night, Steve and the boys were able to get into Priesthood session as well. It was such a special experience for me....nothing compares to being in the presence of the prophet. ) 

We left on Thursday night and planned to go skiing on Friday, but it was snowing so heavily in the mountains, we weren't allowed up the canyon w/o chains or a 4WD. So we opted for breakfast @ Cracker Barrel and bowling @ the Wilkie!  We of course went to the bookstore and ran into tons of friends from Arizona as well as my brother Mark and his wife Pam:). Later that night we picked up Bajio's and watched Iron Man while Amy cut everyone's hair!
Julie invented the "strike dance" for everyone who gets a strike....so funny!!!

Hayden had fun pushing the stroller around.
Of course there were many opportunities for pictures of the beautiful surroundings. But not without totally embarrassing my children!  You see, I had my hand out of the car window holding my camera up taking pictures practically everywhere we went.  Julie said I was such a tourist and people were staring at me.  I said... "Let them stare":).

Saturday, we headed up to Salt Lake City to check in to the hotel and walk around Temple Square.  Before Priesthood session we went out to dinner @ Macaroni Grill and then Steve, Sean, Spencer and Austin left for Priesthood and us girls went to hang out at the hotel with Hayden.  We had one big sleepover between two hotel rooms, it was so fun being all together. We watched "Taken" on the TV together and ordered room service for dessert!

(Our rental car was this crossover suv with seats for up to 8 people.  Austin loved sitting in the one little pop- up seat in the back, just for HIM.  Don't Chelsea and Carly look like "twins" in this pic?)
I just love this picture of the girls playing with Hayden on the bed! Totally natural smiles:).
Haden checking out the computer with Pappa.......making faces........... and playing peek-a-boo!

These are some pic's we took before conference started.
This is a pic I took from the airplane on the way home.  I just LOVE these mountains!
THE END!!!  (so worth it:)

7 comments:

Patrice said...

SOOOO worth it! Just the smiles on the faces is worth it, and add in the prophet, too! What super weekend!

Spencer and Amy said...

That was so much fun! It was so nice to have all the family together again :) We miss you already! Thanks for such a great weekend!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

What a great weekend looks like you all had the best of time! we would love to go and do that someday!!! glad you could spend time with Hayden.....

julz said...

I wanted to go. You looked like you had a great time. Makes me excited for a grand baby.

Hina Schneider said...

Happy Birthday carly! I love the first picture you posted she looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad to hear that you guys had a great time up in Utah. Thanks again for letting us watch your house. We had a great time.

Byron and Jana said...

Too bad Hayden never gets any attention!

Mackenzi said...

What a fun trip! You are so good at documenting everything. I love the pictures. We're sad we didn't get to see you while you were up here though. :)