Sunday, August 31, 2008

Road Trip!

We finally made it to Utah with all of the girls stuff! Let me tell you this was no small feat, if you know my daughters. It took 3 vehicles stuffed to the brim, (I should have taken pics:) We stopped in Kanab Thursday night at a little re-done retro motel. Austin hurled out the window just before we got to Kanab and it dried on the side of the car! We had no where to clean it so there it sat. We got to Provo @3:30 on Friday and started the unloading process. It was great having all those hands to help. It was also great to see Hayden again. He's trying to figure out who we all are, but he sure loves all the attention and adoration. He has to walk everywhere now and is so independent! The trip was mostly unpacking but we managed to spend a little time with Steve's parents and some quality time as a family. Amy & Spencer have settled in and their apartment it is so nice. We're hanging pictures and curtains so it will be all finished before I go home. Chelsea was dying to unpack and set up her room. Both she and Julie have great little apartments and their rooms are to die for! They both have great roomates and are feeling more settled every day. They will all be great and are doing just what they should be which is a huge blessing and what every mother wants (except she wants it to be close to her:) I really enjoy my adult children and feel they are some of my best friends. That is why it was so hard to leave them at the airport. I know Carly and I will cry for awhile but I know this is part of life and I will keep cherishing them the best way I can....from a distance.
Quail Park Lodge...very quaint and retro.
Austin's contribution to the car.


Steve and his dad.

Everyone at Carraba's.
Me and Chelsea, brand new BYU freshman!
Amy's living room.
Amy's kitchen.
Hayden's room.

Julie's Room

Chelsea's room.

16 comments:

Jules said...

mom thank you so much for all you and dad did!!!! seriously i could not have asked for greater parents. i love you guys so much and i miss you already. that picture of you and chels is so cute!

Spencer and Amy said...

Thanks mom for making my apartment so cute :) I love it! We miss you guys so much! Hopefully we will get to see you in October!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

What an awesome mom you are, How fun for them to have you up there with them and get them all settled in and then to top it off with your decorating skills.. I'm sure they will miss you tons! I'm with you I love my Adult kids and having them around we have allot of fun, I love my younger ones too, they make me not feel as old...

Anonymous said...

What darling rooms! You are so talented and such a great mom! I bet that is really hard leaving those cute daughters. All I have had leave are boys...I am dreading when my girls leave, they are a little different from the boys.

Hina Schneider said...

I love what you have done to your girls place it looks fantastic. Yeah maybe ill stop by on Monday for a visit. I too miss our workouts.

Sharon said...

Thanks for letting me tag along. That was sooo much fun. I'm smiling just thinking about all the laughing, eating, talking, shopping, and crying we did. No wonder we're soul sisters. And thanks for giving me 4 awesome daughters. I adore them!...wanna see a scary movie together???

Kristin said...

everything looks great! What fun decorations!

Barbie said...

Wow! What an amazing time in your life. I am where you were when we first moved here. Now I know why you were so busy. Could those rooms have any more style? That is one trait my kids will not get.
Thanks for inviting me into your familiy's world.

Karen said...

Very nice Gail ... you need to come do my room.

Mackenzi said...

Looks like you were busy! You are such a great mom and so creative!

Chelzy said...

Thanks mom for coming up and helping me out with everything! I love that picture of us and I'm really missing you already! I liked being able to have you come over and help me out with things here and I'm finally realizing just how long it will be until I see you! ;( It makes me sad. Well, anyways, I hope the other kids are getting along alright. Carly and Austin were scared that Sean would take over everything without me there to tickle him! ;D So if he ever gets out of hand just tickle him a little bit and he'll do anything you say! ;D HaHa

Gail said...

Thanks for the advice sweetie:)
And thanks everyone for the supportive comments! I love comments....I didn't realize how needy I was until I had a blog and people actually commented! It feels really good when people you care about validate your posts:).
And I miss all my girls!!!!!

Jillene said...

OK you definately left a touch of "MOM" with each of your girls. The rooms are so awesome and I am sure you had fun putting them together. Wow! So cute! cute rooms. cute girls. cute family. You add an extra "ZEST" to all you do!Sounds like you and Sharon had lots of fun too :)!! And I'm sure we could fit in extra girlfriend lunches to fill in for your missing girls!

John and Cheri said...

Gail, I love the rooms! I had you great kids here yesterday for dinner. It was so fun to have them! I kept feeling a tinge guilty though, and wished you were here. They are awesome and I loved it. Hayden loves the trampoline. I keep saying, this is good for me because it means you will be in Utah more. I asked the girls if they appreciated that you could decorate their places like you did. Amy expecially said yes they did. The rooms are beautiful--you did a great job. Hope you are adjusting....

Brian and Brianna said...

You've always been so good in the decorating department all the girls places look so darling! I bet you're missing Julie as much as I am!

Aubree said...

Gail can you head on up to Chicago and help Chris and I now? Nice work with the rooms. Love how each one totally shows their personality. So fun!