Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dearest Julie...



I'll never forget the night you were born, 22 years ago.  It was 11:23 pm, after 17 hours of intense, induced, labor, complete with dry heaves between pushes.  Yours was my first "natural" childbirth since my first was a c-section due to your sister being breach. I really had NO idea what to expect, certainly not that amount of pain. I don't even remember swearing at daddy to get the anesthesiologist,  but he says I did:).  In spite of all that, as soon as I held you in my arms, and saw your beautiful brown eyes looking up at me, I was hooked and I truly forgot the pain! They say after adversity, comes the blessing and you have been a true blessing.

You were such a sweet and easy baby. I have realized that if my deliveries were difficult, than the baby was just the opposite, and you were no exception.  The whole time you laid in the icubator,  you just looked around at the lights. Your disposition was easy and fun and as you grew, you kept us smiling and laughing at your expressions and giggles. 

You were super sensitive and earned the nickname "tender heart bear" since Care Bears were popular at the time. I also called you Julie-Pooh (for your love of Winnie).   It's hard believe 22 years have passed since then and you are the woman you are today.  Here's a little trip down memory lane...

Playing dress up....my little babushka's :).
Petting zoo with mom. (My '80's permed hair phase:)
Minnie and Daisy
This is Santa's village near Big Bear. Check out the Elf's shorts...it's the 80's:) 
You're a great auntie!
You never lose your head:)
You're a nationally certified massage therapist. You really do have magic hands!



She has great friends...(these are just a few:)
You love making faces!

This was your "blonde" phase:)  You're beautiful in ANY hair color!
You're a great sister!
And a great daughter!

Julie, you have grown to be one of my best friends and you're the best person at calming me down when I have a meltdown. I miss your quiet strength, even when it sometimes translates into stubborness:). I love your ideas and creativity with music and with photography and everything.

I wish I could keep you here with me forever, but I know you need this time to be on your own and I wouldn't want you to miss that for anything! Remember you are loved and cherished by many and even though you have a million friends and fans, your number one fan is still right here at home...Me!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!
Love,  Mom:)

BTW the song that is playing is a song Julie found which sounds like it was written just for her. I have to agree with the writer..."I'd never make it through without her around"!

10 comments:

Hina Schneider said...

This is just the sweetest post ever. I love all the nickname she had before. I like her as a blonde. Either way she can pull anything off. Happy Birthday Jules. Your just so awesome and perfect.

Jules said...

Thank you so much Mamma!! i'm not gonna lie i got a bit teary haha. I love all the old photos. I love you so much! I wish i could be there to celebrate with you guys. I miss you all so much! :)

Spencer and Amy said...

Too cute! Happy Birthday Jules! I love you to pieces and hope you have a great day!

Patrice said...

That is a great tribute to your sweet daughter. Happy Birthday!

Chelzy said...

Those are awesome pics ma! I love the elf's shorts! haha ;D I also love how you did that cool grouping of pics of Julie with all of us!

Brian and Brianna said...

Aw tender heart bear I totally remember that one! Julie is so many wonderful things and tender is one of them! I have been so blessed to have been her friend for all these years! You did a great job with raising that one! What a sweet post :) Happy Birthday jules!!

Suz said...

Oh... This makes me miss Julie myself! Happy Birthday Julie! Noboday quite says it like mama... I loved getting little notes from my mom. Of course, we didn't have cool blogs with photos (back in those days... hehehe) but they still made me happy. I would imagine that some things never change... distance grows the heart.
This post was sooo cute! I love it.

Barbie said...

I can't believe it. We felt like we had such a short time with you being part of our family. We miss you tons! Happy birthday.

Mackenzi said...

You're such a cute mom! It was fun seeing old photos of Julie. Happy Birthday Julie.

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

ah i remember her in some of those pictures! nice post Gail..you have a way with words..Happy Birthday Julie..