3-day weekends for us are usually spent getting chores done and catching up on R & R but not this weekend! With the fresh dumping of snow in the high country, my boys were off to enjoy a father & sons ski & snowboard outing at Arizona Snowbowl. They had the perfect weather and the timing was excellent.
All My Boys....
Meanwhile, left home with my youngest daughter, we planned to do the mother daughter thing and so we did. At least we started to. We went to get pedicures together and to see 'Confessions of a Shopaholic" which was very cute. Then poor Carly's cold turned ugly and turned into a sinus infection. She spent the rest of our weekend, resting and watching what movies she could stay awake for. My favorite of the weekend was watching "Definitely Maybe" again. We spent what quality time we could together and thanks to antibiotics she's finally on the mend.
We had a belated Valentine dinner (a family tradition) complete with heart shaped meatloaf. Even with Amy & Spencer here in AZ, Jules & Chelsea made their own heart meatloaf in Utah! I was so proud of them for carrying on the tradition:).
The highlight of our weekend was when Amy, Spencer & Hayden arrived to stay for 6 days with us!! Law school closed down for a week so students could go for interviews for Summer clerkships and Spencer was able to get a few interviews in Phoenix and that means I get my PRESH for almost a whole week! In his honor I'm posting a collage of a photo shoot I took of him last time they were down. I just can't get enough of him, he's so much fun, talking and acting so grown up:). Can you tell I'm in love?

The lighting was so perfect that morning!
( I also wanted to say a special thanks to those of you who commented on my last post. I had no idea I would strike such a nerve with my gushing of emotion. It meant so much to have such an outpouring of love through your sweet comments of support:).





8 comments:
he is soooo cute. I hope to meet him someday..
OH, the dinner is so perfect. You have set the bar way too high for me! And I agree, our little grandson is very adorable.
Cute post! I love the collage of Hayden! Too Cute :) I'm so excited to play this week!
you have amazing talents..do I dare even show my kids your Valentines table...aren't grandkids the best, it's the best thing that could happen to me in my later years.. I haven't been on any blog lately but I did enjoy reading your post and i feel what your feeling thanks for posting what you did... your awesome
You are always so cute and festive! I love the Hayden "shrine" haha he is too cute!! He is lucky to have such a fun mimi that loves him so much!
What a fun and exciting weekend. I am so jealous. You know what's funny about the skiing in flagstaff is that Dr. Davis told me all about it. It was funny. I love the pictues of Hayden. He is soooo dang cute.
So awsome that you and Carley spent the weekend together... even if the dumb sinus infection had to make its presence! Darn!!! So... I'll tell you how to add a link, but you have to tell me how to make a collage! :) When you add a post you highlight the word that you want to link and then go up to the top of the little box where you can change the font, the size of the font, if its in bold or italics, the color of the font and then there is that little green thing.... if you hove over it you read "link"... click that and a box comes up to add the link on. You have to know the link you want to put there. I just google search my links and then copy and paste them in.
Amy's little baby is seriously dang cute! I'd love to spend a day just observing! I love watching the little guys at that age. It never gets old, does it!
hugs~
He is adorable! You have got to help me with photo skills...please??? Sounds like you had a fun weekend and I hope Carly is much better.
Post a Comment