Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Three Precious Days...


This is going to be a rather long post but it's just amazing how much you can pack into a 3 day trip!  I just got back from Utah spending some time with ALL of my girls.  I felt so lucky to have them all together with me for these few precious days and have so much fun even though it wore me out. Here's what we did:  

The first thing we did (and the main reason for the trip) was a long time dream of mine, a Celine Dion concert!!! Remember when we tried to go back in November and she cancelled the show?  Well, this was the make up show and she did NOT disappoint.  I've never seen her in person before and that woman can SING! I knew she'd be a great performer with a great voice, but she is even better in person than on a cd.  She makes the most difficult songs look effortless and each note was perfection.  All of my girls love to sing and I knew it was something I wanted to enjoy with all of them, especially since I never went when she was in Vegas and was worried this might be her last big tour.  I also gave Sharon a ticket for her birthday so she came with Carly and I to meet my Utah girls.  We had "nosebleed" seats, but with binoculars and video screens, we didn't miss a thing. (Good thing we're not too afraid of heights:).
She wore some amazing shoes!

I took videos of several of my favorite songs, but this is a section of "All By Myself" when she hits the high note, I swear I got goosebumps.  She makes the funniest faces and is so dramatic, it was fun to watch. Amy & Julie put more videos on their blogs if you want to watch some.

Chelsea's roommates threw her a "half birthday" party since her birthday 
is in the Summer and we came over for a little while to meet everyone.
The only thing I miss terribly about living in Utah are those most amazing, majestic mountains!  Especially when they're covered in snow.  They are just so beautiful, I was taking pictures from the car (as I was driving!).  Thankfully, no accidents occured. 

We went to see the movie "Taken" which was extremely intense and really good.  There was almost no one in the theater and we saw this movie cut-out of "Friday the 13th" and couldn't resist...
Amy recently got some very HIGH heels and Carly was trying them on and I made them pose for me:).  Look at those looong legs and great toes!

We did a little shopping and went to the only Utah Urban which is one of their favorite stores. It was huge!  The girls all bought the same sweater (on sale) in different colors. 
(It's the one they're wearing in the first picture of the post.)
We watched the academy awards together and "Made of Honor" on TV. We stayed up too late talking and eating and of course played with Hayden as much as possible. Here he is with his very own popcorn watching "Blues Clues", looking quite content.
This is how he looked when we said it was time for Mimi to leave..!
It was hard to leave, but we plan on going back for Spring Break......Miss you already!

12 comments:

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spencer and Amy said...

We miss you too :) Thanks for such an incredible 3 days! Celine was amazing and I was so glad we got to go! It was so much fun having you guys here and I can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!!

Patrice said...

I am so glad to be a mom of lots of girls. I love those moments of time together. My dad LOVES Celine . . . I be he didn't know she was in Utah (that's where he lives).

julz said...

Great pics and it looks like you had so much fun. I had the chance to see Celine several times in Vegas and it was so worth it. The sound system there was amazing and there was not a bad seat in the place. Hayden is a DOLL.

Brian and Brianna said...

What a FUN trip! There is nothing like some good quality mother daughter girly fun! I love Amy and Carly's shoes they have legs like super models!!

Byron and Jana said...

Ok Carly, I'm impressed! I'm sure I would break something trying to walk around on those heels!! (Especially being pregnant!) I had to practice wearing the shoes for Aub's wedding and I think they were only 2 or 3 inches! Give me flip flops or tennies and I'll be ok! Looks like a fun filled girls weekend!!

Jules said...

this was such a fun weekend! i didnt want it to end and it went by way to fast. Thanks again for everything! see ya in a couple weeks :)

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Sounds like you had fun...I'm not looking forward to the day that Willie and Camie might be moving, Willie is hiring on with the Border Patrol and they would have to relocate.... Doesn't that sound like something Willie would want to do!!!I think Zac might look into also...makes me a little nervous.. your lucky you get to go see them so often... I bet there roommates are jealous!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are beautiful! What a fun trip for all of you. I can't wait to do those things with my girls. Oh, and Carly looks way hot in those shoes!

Kathryn said...

I just got caught up on some of your posts. I hope that if my girls move away in the future, I can still travel and visit and continue to make great memories with them.

Also, the firetruck thing, that was my first mother call to 911 - when Lucy got locked in the already hot car in June. But, that is really what they are there for and I'm thankful they don't waste anytime.

Hina Schneider said...

That very first picture of your girls is so dang cute. I am so jealous that you guys went to Celine. I love her music. Super cute pics of Hayden. I loved Taken that was a really great movie

Chelzy said...

That was a great weekend Mom! I miss you already!