Monday, July 21, 2008

Getaway for Two!


When our kids were young, we decided to make the effort to get away together, just the two of us, once a year for at least one 24 hour period. (The more kids we have and the older we get we try to stay longer!:) Getting away w/o children is just necessary once in a while! It does wonders for your relationship and when you get home, you're up to being parents again! This year we just got back from a legal seminar in San Diego at the Hotel Del Coronado for 2 days. (This is a big improvement from the first getaway we had!:) This seminar is known as the "CLE by the Sea" (continuing legal education). It is for AZ lawyers in all areas of law. It's been going on for many years, but this is only the 2nd time we've been able to go. It's great because the seminar part is in the morning and then you have the afternoon to play. (I love it because I get to sleep in:) The weather was beautiful and so was the location. We walked along the beach, shopped a little, went to movies, and had some of the best sushi we've ever had! Lately we've been on a sushi kick. Steve says he's had more fish in the last year than he's had in his whole life! (He's never been big on seafood, but he loves sushi..go figure?). We found a little restaurant within walking distance of the hotel called "Yummy Sushi"and it was. It had the best salmon we've ever tasted! We went to some other great restaurants too; Paoehe's and Il Forniao (Italian) (It wouldn't be as fun without good food, right?)

Hotel Del
Il Forniao...amazing Italian food!

The best view of San Diego is across the bay from Coronado!

Paoehe's Restaurant




Cool, Overcast Day!

5 comments:

Meredith Ferrin said...

OH I SO agree on the leaving the kids for a "getaway" My husband LOVES to getaway so we usually go about 2-3 times a year...and it's incredible! I love San Diego and it looks like you guys had an awesome time and the sushi place looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

I love San Diego too! The weather is great and it is so beautiful. I have always wanted to stay at that hotel. I am ready for a get away, thanks for the idea!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Looks like fun Willie and Camie are really into that sushi thing too, they found a really good place to eat that one of her clients just open on power road..they been trying to get us to go but ah i don't know if i can eat that... get away's are nice!!!!

Sharon said...

that sushi looks dang good! I will never forget when we girls went to the buffet and esp the bathroom at the Del Coronado!!! Now that's funny!

Karen said...

I'm ready for some "Continued Plumbing Education" ... if ya' know what I mean!

And now that you are blocked ... I want to know what the nasty comment was!