Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday

Since we've finally made it to the beach (Oceanside, California), I thought I'd share my top ten reasons for coming here. This year is special because it's the 10th year we've been going to Oceanside with most of Steve's family. I don't think we could stop this tradition if we tried! This year 68 of us showed up! (Everyone, except Grandpa & Grandma) 
If I had been up to it last week, I would have listed the top ten worst things about getting ready for a family trip, however, now that I'm actually here, I'm in a much better mood.:) So here goes...

First, I have to show this video of my crazy daughters! They posted this on the Ellsworth family blog last Sunday to show how excited they were for the beach! Amy and Julie were kind of slap happy and decided to play around with Photo Booth on I MAC... It turned out so funny!



Top Ten reasons for going to Oceanside:
10) Getting pedicures with my girls. (Amy/argyle, Julie/zebra, Chelsea/argyle,        Carly/watermelon, Me/sunflowers)

9) Cousin's bonding all over again. (Hanna, Carly & Jasmine)

8) Awesome boogie boarding!  (Steve and Chelsea in this one)

7) Reading the latest novel while catching some rays.

6) Power walking with the best view possible in 70 degree weather!

5) Quality time with kids and grand babies :)


All of our family @ Dominic's at the Marina
Spencer & Hayden in his new "wetsuit" :)
Chelsea after boarding.
Hayden wanting to try his hand at boogie boarding!
Austin...SOOO happy to be here! (He's been coming here since he was 20 months old!)

4) Family pictures at sunset.  (Here is all 68 of the Delos & Alba Ellsworth clan!)

3) The best clam chowder on the planet!
     (Dominic's at Oceanside Harbor--The pizza's not bad either:)

2) Not having to cook 6 out of 7 days but still have amazing, homemade dinners.

1) Sunsets, sunsets, and more sunsets!



I never get tired of sunsets! They're always different, even standing in the same place! 

WISH YOU WERE HERE!!!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Okay that video is hillarious, I even have Austin in here laughing with me and asking to watch it again. I hope you have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Oh sure...rub it in. We are here in AZ, SWEALTERING! I can't take it anymore. Why do I live here.....But hey, have a great time at the beach and don't hurry home. It's ugly here.

Sharon said...

I'm telling you...that video can never get old for me! Every time I watch it...i laugh like it is my first time seeing it! we're busy getting ready to come and join you and I can hardly wait! We can run on the beach at sunset in our thong bikinis...ya right! See you in 3 days!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

that family picture was so neat, how fun..okay i have never seen so many diffrent shape toes at once!lol well i'm bummed that i can't be apart of the thong thing on the beach--could you even imagine! if there was any sea cratures close to shore they would for sure turn around and swim way back into the ocean either that or they would say there is some good eating boodies there!!! have fun, i will just enjoy my pool........

Anonymous said...

I'm with your friend...mature bloggers need to hang together!! I love seeing all the things your family is doing - and the bonus is that I get some info on Sharon too! I'll try not to be too jealous that you'll be on the beach together. I'll just keep walking in my muggy hot neighborhood. I may go walk around the lake just to make myself feel better (no thongs allowed).

Karen said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love family traditions that stick!