Today, we woke up in Charlottetown in a bed an breakfast which was beautiful and clean and the breakfast was good, but I'm not sure we'll be staying in one again anytime soon. The owner was a bit of a Nazi about her rules. We got home from the play and heard a Japanese couple arguing and the owner chewing them out for being so loud. She said they had to be quiet or leave and said "no showering after 10!". Well we had laundry to do and right after our first load started we saw the sign that said no laundry after 9:00 PM or before 8:00 AM. It was 11:00 at the time! We had no choice but to continue our laundry, but we tip toed up and down the stairs and made sure the laundry room door was shut. We felt like we had an angry housemother that we didn't want to wake up. It was so funny! We left for Cavendish, a little town where the house known as "Green Gables" was. This house was the inspiration for the book. After we spent some time there we drove across Prince Edward Island to catch the ferry to Cape Breton Island. EVERYWHERE we looked was a picture waiting to be taken. You might think we're only showing you special shots or that we're retouching these photos, but the photo's we're posting are only about 3 percent of what we're taking each day! It is impossible to take a bad picture here! P.E.I. is famous for it's iron rich red dirt and I've tried to show that in today's post. The countryside and coastlines are breathtaking and this is the quietest place on earth. If you ever need to completely tune out the world, this is the place. There are absolutely no crowds, (at least this time of year), and there is NO noise! It's almost ridiculous:).
Heritage Harbour House Bed and Breakfast:) Enter at your own risk! :)
Steve and I at Green Gables
This next picture is Pat as Anne Shirley! We were laughing so hard we could hardly take the picture and he said we could take the picture...just not to post it on the blog! I told him his kids deserved to see him at his best:) No one could pull this off like Pat, complete w/ice cream cone.
Fall has begun, (at least in other parts of the world!:)



9 comments:
My sisters and I loved Anne of Green Gables when we were little :) You've taken some amazing pictures. Have fun on the rest of your trip!
Those look like professional pictures! They are gorgeous! Looks like you're having lots of fun! We miss you :)
thanks for the invite! looks like your trip has been FABULOUS. Can you send me your email address so that I can invite you to our family blog?
I would just love that Dene' here it is:
ellsworthfamily@cox.net thanks & welcome!
I LOVE the pictures, they're beautiful. They do look professional. It's been so fun to "watch" the trip unfold. I'm glad you're having such a great time.
ummmmmmm....I just want to move there....
OMG! After seeing these amazing pictures that you posted I totally want to live at P.E.I. and move to Green Gables. The pictures are so breath taking. What a cool mission to go on. I wander what the people are like?
Funny you should ask Hina, they are seriously the nicest people I've ever met! It really is a paradise. and Marci, I'm with you....ready to move!:)
That's an attractive pic of dad. ;D
Post a Comment