Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Sharon!

Today is my friend Sharon's birthday and I felt like posting a little tribute to her. I feel like Sharon is more than just my friend, she is really more like my sister. We have been through so much together and she has always been there for me. We've known each other for almost 20 years and now we are actually "related" since our kids decided to get married a few years ago. (The best part about that is we get to share grandchildren!) Sharon is experiencing one of those "milestone" birthdays which she has been dreading for the last year which is so crazy to me because she looks better now than she did in her 30's! It's really crazy because she is one of the most confident and capable women I know. She has raised 5 amazing boys, is a nurse, is multi-talented and is loved by everyone she meets. I hope Sharon will see that it is only a number, even if she thinks it is a big number:) She will never be defined by her age to me! She is timeless and I will be forever grateful to have her in my life. Happy Birthday Sharon...hope you have a great day! (I have a better picture of us but I'm having trouble scanning it..this will have to do:)

5 comments:

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Happy Birthday Sharon, I know your day will be full of fun events, because have some amazing friends, this is funny Gail Sharon and I had this conversation at Church yesterday when she told me she was turning 50.. i told her no one would ever know.. she does look amazing.. "I told her be proud to say your 50 cause you look so great!" she should be thrilled with how she looks... nice post for her Gail..

Spencer and Amy said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! We love you!! :)

Jules said...

Happy Birthday Sharon!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! It's so great to know she has friends like you. When we're worried about her, we feel comforted in the fact that she's surrounded by people who love her. She looks so awesome - who cares how old she is???

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Sharon ... now go eat some donuts or something! Sheesh you're skinny!