Staying home for vacation this year has been fun and relaxing but even better, we've managed to get a few things accomplished. We're still not finished with any one project so I don't have any after pictures yet. But here is the photo of the trailer going to D.I.! It looks like the sleigh the Grinch took up Mount Crumpet!
I've been inspired by Peter Walsh whose been de-cluttering coast to coast for Oprah and he has great ideas for people like me. Who love things clean on the SURFACE! I'm fairly good at avoiding surface clutter, but if it's behind closed doors or cupboards, the clutter just sort of builds up magically, and as long as I don't "see" it, I'm ok with it..... until I need to find something:).
And today my embarrassment inspired me even more! The cable guy had to come and fix our cable and of course the two places where he needed to look were the most messy! I knew I should have started sooner:).
The garage was first priority and then my upstairs "storage" room/spaces and then closets and cupboards. It's more than a one week project, but I feel committed to it. I'm still in the process of organizing and have help coming from a friend who loves to organize so I'll post before and after pic's in a future post.
For now, I need to post a few pics of the "fun" we had using trade this week. The kids have been to Laser Tag, F-1 Race Factory, "Ballers" indoor paintball arena, (a new favorite) and Cracker Jax out in Scottsdale. Plus we even went to the movies and Carly and I did a little shopping for her upcoming birthday. The boys have been able to take a few golf lessons and spend some time with dad at the driving range, they even went golfing on trade.
There's been plenty of down time in between it all and most important... Steve has been able to be present for most of it! He still worked 3 mornings this week but would come home early to join in the fun and spend some quality time with his kids. I'm so proud of him, cause it isn't easy for him to leave work once he gets started, especially when he's on "vacation" in town.
These pictures are all from Cracker Jax. It is located out in North Scottsdale and has everything from go-carts to bumper boats to goofy golf to batting cages to a driving range! We invited our friends, the Davis family and we had a blast. Austin, Carly, Erin and Emmie were the only ones to try the bungee jumping, but the rest of us tried about everything else:).
Go Carts!




5 comments:
How fun! I want to try that bungee thing :) We should go when we come down this Summer!
Great minds think alike . . . I'm so glad you have a great vacation at home!
Am I the "friend", cuz you know organizing is my favorite thing!! Looks like you have a great start!
and when Marci is done at your house she can come to mine!!! you could of made someone happy with adding all that too a garage sale...I so need to do that, like I said before give me some of your energy... looks like you all had a great time over spring break..tell Steve Hi for me...
Thanks for saving his clothes, can't wait to see them, you guys always have fun at your house..
Post a Comment