Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Obama Mania!


President Obama and his family seem very nice.  I don't agree with his politics, but the guy knows how to present himself, (with the exception of his comment on the Tonight Show).  
I understand why some people might be smitten with his charm but I think "ObamaMania" has gone TOO far. Marketing companies are crazy about him. I've seen t-shirts, posters, pens and pencils, hats, books, magazines, pillows, mugs, you name it but I was not prepared for PAPER DOLLS??!!!

Steve and I were in Barnes and Noble and passed by the children's section and here is this huge display of Obama stuff with the paper doll book right on top!  At first we were laughing, but later thought.....this is ridiculous!....the president, made of paper, in his underwear? (although it does make him look a bit less dignified:). I think some people think he's a rock star instead of the president of the United States.  I only hope his "charm" doesn't cloud everyone's good judgement, especially HIS. 
Which is your favorite? The nesting dolls and the chia pet are mine:).

Time for me to get serious now.  There are so many things, even with Obama's "charm", which people are confused and worried about. I really hope and pray for clear thinking by everyone, especially congress, but I know I can only control what I do. 

One thing I'm planning to do is join in sending a red envelope to President Obama on March 31, 2009 along with 3/4 of a million others who've pledged to do so.  By sending this envelope, I will be letting our president know exactly how I stand on abortion and unlike him, I am pro life. He is anxious to sign the "Freedom of choice Act" which will overturn ALL of the pro life laws that have already passed! 
For more information about what this will do, click here:  fightfoca.com

I know many of you know about this and have even signed online petitions, as I have.  I also
know that most people don't like it when people get all political on their blogs, but this is my blog and I felt I should share this. The red envelope campaign is one which was emailed to me and maybe it was emailed to you too.  If you want to learn more about what you can do, click here: redenvelopeproject.org

No matter whose in charge politically, there are so many scary things in our future if we don't prepare for them and take a stand for what each of us feel is right.  I'm so grateful for a modern day prophet to "guide us in these Latter Days".   And for my testimony that he is the mouthpiece of the Lord. I take comfort in knowing what I know.... that ultimately our Father in Heaven is the one truly in charge.

2 comments:

Patrice said...

I didn't know about this campaign. Will a federal law overturn our current state laws? I know the state house just passed a bill prohibiting parial birth abortion. We were so glad to have a conservative as governor. I'll look into this and join you, too!

Jules said...

seriously tho what is the obsession with Obama? i dont get it. But it was funny to see all of the stuff made with him on it