May is a month which compares to December in intensity for moms, especially for mom's of teenagers. I'm not complaining mind you, but sometimes so much is going on, you don't have time to even process, much less record it. Even if you manage to take the pictures. So this is me catching up before we head into all that June has to offer.
First we started off with the garage project, (which had it's own post). Then there was Austin's sixth grade field trip to the courthouse and police station which Steve organized and therefore I helped with. Then one of Amy's best friends, Lisa Bulloch got married on the 15th and I helped with her reception and put together the fake cake. Then there were two concerts, awards, awards and more award ceremonies, Sean's birthday, (which also had it's own post), the last week of school and last day of school/birthday parties and milestones reached.
Since Austin finished sixth grade and I will no longer have ANY children in elementary school, I let him have a swim party after school, before Sean's party that night. (What was I thinking?) Not to mention the sixth grade dance the day before, that I helped to set up for.
Then there were Sean's and Austin's karate graduations and Steve and Sean left for a young men's high adventure (which will have it's own post). Mix in the usual daily chores and Hayden's swim lessons, which Mimi tries to go to as often as possible, and you just might wonder how I am still standing.....I know I do! I'm just grateful I didn't have a senior this year, that usually wipes me out the worst!
This is some of Austin's friends at pioneer park for lunch on the day of the field trip. I was in charge of picking up pizza and delivering it to the kids.
The Happy Couple, Rustin and Lisa Pearce
These four have been friends since 9th grade!
Melissa, Lisa, Amy & Jennifer
Austin's last band concert! Woo Hoo!
Carly's last choir concert of the year, I know they all look the same:).
Carly receiving an award at the Desert Valley Music Teachers Association Awards Night
Carly getting her 4.0 or higher GPA award for 8th grade



6 comments:
Looks super busy! I did the pizza pick up for one of my kids, too, and they all thought I was the hero of the day! I didn't even have to pay for it.
Hey you have been busy girl and I know you well enough to know you need to be on the go. I just wish I had your energy and creativity. We do need to settle down and have lunch.
haha whoa dang sean!! thats awesome! thats a lot of stuff going all at once. you need to take a lil vacay i think. miss you guys!!
May was freaking crazy!! There was always something going and I know you must be so happy that Summer is here :) I am!!
Sounds like a very busy month! Halle's pre-school teacher doesn't teach in May because there is always so much going on for the end of the school year with all her other kids. I guess I now know what to look forward to once my kiddies get older. You're such a great Mom, I bet your kids love you being so involved.
How did you even find time to post about all this! I'm impressed! You are such an awesome mom to keep up with all of the craziness of life! Hopefully June will bring a little relaxation :)
Post a Comment