Friday, June 26, 2009

My Baby's Been Gone Too Long!


Why is it so hard for me to let go?

Austin, (my 12 yr old baby) recently went to Scout camp at Camp Raymond for a week then left 24 hours later to fly to Utah for BYU football camp. It was the first time for him to go anywhere by himself, for more than a night. After scout camp, he flew up to Utah for football camp with his friend, Brigham Farnsworth and Chelsea and Julie picked them up at the airport and played "mom", getting them settled at BYU. It was really hard for me to get him home, after a week and then turn around and let him leave again without me.
I know all this stuff is good for him, but I'm just not sure how good I am at this "letting go" stuff. Especially since he's my last one to go. I guess I better get used to it cuz I know just how fast the time goes!
In spite of any frustrations I may have had. he had a blast at both camps. His dad was able to be at scout camp for 2 nights, which I loved. This past week, he had so much fun at football camp, he's forgotten to call me. I called him twice and once he told me "It's not a good time, right now". So I said to call me when it is a good time and he completely forgot!
I guess I'm no longer all that "needed" anymore, he's definitely growing up.
Oh well, at least I have blogging:).




"Mama" Chelsea, driving the boys to Provo, from Salt Lake City

Taking a picture of himself in his dorm room mirror:)

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Love the smile in that last picture!

☂niki. said...

he is adorable.

i'm afraid of my baby growing up too fast and i haven't even had her yet...oh boy, this is gonna be rough!

Spencer and Amy said...

The house seemed different without Austin around for 2 weeks :( He is so much fun! He did great on his own though and even seemed a little older when he came back :)

julz said...

Gail he is so cute. Growing up for them is fun and or us hard. When they were little we couldn't wait for them to get bigger. Funny how we change.