So much has happened in the last 2 weeks and there's been no time to post it all. So here's my Top Ten Tuesday "events" to post in no particular order:).
10) Dinner with (what's left of) our family at Cheesecake Factory for Dad's B-day, October 13th. We, (just Steve and I) actually went back later in the week with Nile and Candi to celebrate both our b-days, but sadly, no pictures were taken.
9)Austin and Carly's piano recital "Marathon Day" at Superstition Springs Mall (October 25th). These are the type of events I dread...just "filler" for piano students, but at least it was at the mall. We managed to get in some much needed Sunday shoe shopping for the boys...Dillards 75% off! they both looked and sounded great!
8)Pedicures with Carly, my sister Linda, and Sharon for my birthday, October 22nd. You just can't beat "Quality Nails" in Chandler for the artwork! I chose pink Burberry:).
(Debbie, Jill, Elaine, Me, Lori S. & Lori C.)
4)My precious great-nephew: Preston Glenn Halterman, born October 14th to my niece Kristin and her husband Glenn. My sister Ruth is the grammie and came down from Cedar City for the occasion. I got to be there to meet him on day one! So sweet....
Here's Grammie Ruth and Grandpa Dale with his big brother and sister! We were able to go to dinner with Ruth Dale before she went home but no pics :(. (Way too much eating out!!!, but what a way to go!...Houston's..yummmo:)

3)Austin went on his last 11 year old scout campout with his dad (Oct 24th) and of course, had a blast! I can't believe he's almost 12!
2) Ok, I know I'm spoiled! This time it was a GNO (girls night out) and I love these girls just as much!. You just can't have too many friends lunches/dinners...right? These girls, AKA "the BBB's" (minus Millie) have been my comrades for at least as long as my other buddies. I hope we all grow old together....we just don't want to look it:). Here we are at another great eatery....PF Changs on the last day of my birthday celebrations, October 26th. I swear I've put on 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks, all in the name of celebration, but I didn't fight it too hard, anytime I don't have to cook:). I guess it's back to salads, water and my elliptical machine until Thanksgiving:) . We also went to see the "Secret Life of Bees", a good movie but a tear-jerker! (wasn't expecting that). (Becky, Me, Sharon & Reylene)
You can probably tell why Fall is my favorite time of year. Not only are Steve and I nine days apart with birthdays in the month of October but I have two children, my first and last both born in November as well as our wedding anniversary in November. It's also a time of reflection since my father and grandmother passed away in November. In spite of that, it is still a time that is special to me and I truly feel gratitude for all of my many blessings. Family and friends are something to treasure and I dearly love all that I have. I not only feel love for those closest to me but I have such an amazing extended family and ward family. I know I could call on any of them and they would find the time for me. I'm especially grateful for living these 47 years with the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I am most of all grateful to my Savior for His Atonement and the blessings that it brings to all of us.
1)Even though I'm feeling sappy right now, I have to end this post with the number one "event" that happened recently, (on my actual b-day). My friend Sharon has 5 adorable boys (inculding my son-in-law) several of whom are rather uninhibited, (to say the LEAST!). For my birthday, Sharon asked Andrew and his friend Nathan to "dance" for me. This video is Andrew dancing, (Nathan is the pole) and us laughing hysterically in the car (me and my sister) out in their driveway! Sharon said this was the "tame" version... It was just too funny......hope you enjoy it....we will never forget it!



12 comments:
haha that video of andrew dancing is hilarious! im glad you have been having so much fun! im jealous of all the family stuff and eating out that i am missing :) and you don't look like you have gained 10 pounds! i was just gonna say you look great in all those pictures. im glad you and dad had a good birthday! love ya!
wow that is what i call a fun 2 weeks! make sure my husband doesn't see Andrews video, he'll be pretty jelous knowing i saw that!!!!! ;) By the way, thanks for being such a great friend to my mom, we both love you and your family so much!
Sounds like you had so much fun! I wish we could have been there for all the celebration :) I miss all those AZ restaurants too! I loved the video of Andrew and Nathan! I miss them so much! They can always make you laugh :) Can't wait to see you next month and I love you bunches!
Your birthday was too fun. When we were in the movie...you know what made me think of you? When Dakota (can't remember her movie name already) was crying to Miss August and saying that she was unlovable...and I thought...that's not true. Gail would love you. And that's the kind of person you are! Another hilight was when we put our arms in the air "roller coaster style" in the BMW on the freeway...now that was exhilarating!! love you! More where that came from baby! Can't believe we have two road trips in November! Yippee!!
Wow, you weren't kidding about the going out to eat...LUCKY....great way to get out of cooking. It is so nice to have friends to eat and laugh with. Happy Birthday! I should have baked you a cake!
How much fun! I loved the video of Andrew - I'm glad it was the tame version too.... You're the greatest.
Looks like you've had a blast the last 2 weeks! I'm glad you had a good Birthday week or month :) That video is pretty funny!
fun stuff!! i love the video! the best part is hearing you all laugh!
OMG! LOL!I'll have to let Brit check out that video! Too funny :)
I'm glad I got to share in one of your good times and that you had a great b-day week!
?? Did you ride the "birthday horse" at Texas RH?
It was fun to see your sister and some of your family in pics too.
One thing I have always known about you is you know how to have FUN! YAY!
Oh Happy Birthday, I'm sorry I missed out. I am so glad that you were able to celebrate with so many people! I love the dance by Andrew, I'm still laughing. Thanks for coming to see Preston, I can't believe how different he looks at just 2 weeks. You'll have to come see him again soon!
Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had some great couples weeks. Full of fun and excitement. I absolutely love the video. It was hilarious. I could not stop laughing.
Happy Birthday its always fun to hear about your birthday events! even though we weren't there can you include Marci and I on your list of friends!!!!! ha j/k good dancing Andrew, sharon I think you need to set up a talent night at our ward party... ha sounds like you had an busy, fun, Month....
Post a Comment