Friday, October 24, 2008

My Favorite time of year!


     
Fall leaves, trees bursting with color, pumpkin patches, hayrides, cold crisp air with a hint of smoke. Neighborhood carnivals, bobbing for apples and homemade spook allies, cinnamon spice in the air! It probably has something to do with me being born in October, but I really do love the Fall! Which begs the question, why do I live in the Southwest? And although there's no simple answer to that question, it suffice it to say that this is home and where I belong. But that doesn't mean I don't wish I could experience the 4 seasons, especially this time of year. So as soon as the temp dips below ninety, I try to create the atmosphere of harvest, in my home.
Halloween and Harvest are the most fun theme's for me regarding seasonal decorating. Christmas is great,but it's more of a "half to" and you only enjoy it for a month or so. When I decorate for Fall it lasts for nearly two months.
It must be the Libra or or maybe just the kid in me really enjoys this type of decor. I'm sure it has something to do with my b-day. When I was little, all my birthday parties were Halloween themed and I still love dressing up either myself or my kids in costume. I even used to enjoy making costumes when time, energy and enthusiasm allowed. Even when I was the visual merchandiser, (window dresser) for Z.C.M.I in Utah, my favorite windows to do were those with a Fall theme. I even have to have a Halloween themed dinner every year, I just can't help myself:).
This year is no exception, but since I've been experimenting with photography, I'm sharing some photos of my Fall decor and my passion for all things Fall!






these are a few of my favorite things....



13 comments:

Hina Schneider said...

OMG! Those are the most stinkin cute Halloween decor I have ever seen. My goodness you are so talented and totally have an eye for fashion. And those cookies I saw um yum. I might just have to come over so that I can steal one of those cause their probably super yummy.

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Gail you have it all together, Do you want to come and decorate my house or can i just send my last to two kids over for the month of October, Boyd loves Halloween and all the pumpkin carvings it's his favorite, I think he has bought a bag of candy everytime we go to Sam's, I hate trying to figure out the costume thing.. your house looks so cute with all your decor!!
Happy Halloween!!!!

Carly said...

mom your pics look so professional!! I luv it!!:)

Sharon said...

Nobody does Fall better than you girlfriend! You rock Halloween! I think the pictures don't even do it justice...it is sooo amazing and spooktacular in person.(am I gushing???) I love Fall too because of all the BB birthdays and we get to go out and laugh,eat,talk,shop ALL the time. Perpetual fun...I love that!

Jen Harvey (Brenner) said...

hey thanks for the invite!!!! i love halloween, your decorations are adorable!

Brian and Brianna said...

You are always so festive around the holidays! Everything looks absolutely darling I love love it!

Spencer and Amy said...

Cute mom! It really makes me miss your house :)

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Gail! You are very talented. Window dresser at ZCMI???? I learn something new about you all the time. I love driving by your house everyday and enjoying the beautiful fall decorations by your front door.

Jules said...

I agree with Amy, It makes me miss home! The decorations look awesome mom!

Unknown said...

Ok, here is a "comment".
Love ya, Becky

Unknown said...

Your Halloween decorations are better in person! I wish I had the storage to even own all that cute stuff. Anyways, according to my family, Halloween has to be gross not cute! So, cute is inside, gross and scary is outside.
becky

Unknown said...

Do I get bonus points for 3 comments in one night?!!

WHERE ARE YOUR BIRTHDAY PICTURES? We can always try again for a picture from the police cameras!

A fellow BBB!

Jillene said...

Gail, you always inspire me. In sooo many ways. I'm feeling kinda bad cuz I kinda quit going all out on Halloween and it used to be my fav so I am glad I could enjoy your displays. Thanks :)

Loves!