This weekend started early. Carly, Sharon and I left for the airport early Thursday evening to fly up to Salt Lake. This weekend has been planned for over six months. We were going to meet the rest of my girls to attend a Celine Dion concert in Salt Lake City. I was so excited to go see her in concert since none of us ever have. Well, being the diva that she most certainly must be, (evidently she has a throat condition), she postponed the concert until February, 2009. Ticketmaster was nice enough to offer a refund of the tickets, but I doubt she would reimburse us for the plane tickets, so we decided to go anyway:).
Twilight was being released that night, Amy got tickets for the midnight showing for all of us. I'm a bit too old for midnight showings cause I can't seem to function the next day, but I decided it was way more important for me to have fun with my girls. We arrived at the theatre where we discovered hundreds of female fans camped out, slumber party style, some of them since early that day! Many of them were dressed up and most of them were a little "crazy"! I'm not exaggerating, it was bordering on annoying. But we had fun anyway and the girls loved the movie. It was so great being all together with all of my daughters again.
Everyone...together again!!!
This is Julie imitating all of the crazy girls:).
Friday we went to lunch at CaliforniaPizza Kitchen and did some shopping, can I just say that Forever 21 has great deals on cute inexpensive jewelry! I love accessories...they always fit! We spent some time visiting with Steve's parents and taking grandpa to the grocery store. We spent most of the time, everywhere we went, fawning over my grandson, Hayden. I could never get enough of him! He's growing up so fast!
After that we headed to Amy's where we had Costa Vida for dinner and watched a movie together. Saturday we took grandpa up to visit grandma one more time. Then we headed up to Thanksgiving Point to check it out. There is never enough time but we had fun while we could. We said our goodbyes and then we flew back to Phoenix in time for all the usual Saturday night stuff.
Sunday we went to my nieces ward for the blessing of her little boy, Preston Glenn Halterman. He is such a beautiful baby and it was fun to visit with my sister Ruth and the whole family. We spent the afternoon with them and came home to relax and decompress from all the fun!



8 comments:
That was so much fun!! I'm so glad that you guys got to come up here and play :) It was such a fun weekend and Twilight was soo good!! Love you :)
What a fun weekend. Thanks for coming to the blessing. Would you mind sending some pics from the blessing to me??? I only have 1 of us. Thanks...That is a great pic of the baby...He looks so content
that was an amazing weekend! Thanks for comin up and making it so fun! ;D
What a cute little grandson! I am planning my weekend trips to the Y already . . .
How fun for you! I hear ya on the midnight showing. Forget about feeling crappy the next day. I don't think I could stay awake. I saw it Saturday with my girls and KELLY! Can you believe it? He wanted to see what the fuss was about....
I'm so ashamed of myself I still haven't seen Twilight! That's so fun all you girls got to see it together! I know jewls was so excited!
This was such a fun weekend and Twilight was amazing!!! It was so fun to have you guys up here :)
Okay Okay... so pardon me for responding to everything that I've missed out on over the past few weeks... You have been one busy lady! Celine Dion. How was it? I LOVE HER! IF I turn the cd up loud enough, I swear I sound just like her on the "oh Holy Night" version that she sings! I am truely envious! Sounds like a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment