Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary Baby!

This is how it all began....26 years ago today! Who are these people?? I swear we look 16.... like we should be going to the prom...not getting married!  Oh well...we didn't know any better and it's a good thing! Ahh to be young and thin and clueless:).....

I wish I could find the pictures of us at the temple, it was such a beautiful day. We were married in the Los Angeles temple in 1982..I know the dark ages! We really do have 80's hair, this is not a Halloween costume:). 

These first few were taken right after we got married in Clairemont, California in a park near the photographers house. The rest were taken at the Upland, California Stake center cultural hall.  That was the norm back then, to have wedding receptions in the church:).  (My dad was the bishop at the time.) 

 The song that is playing is what we consider "our song". It's by Toto and  it was playing in the car when I first realized that I was in love with Steve, I still love it!
I love these two because Steve looks so happy and I look like a deer in headlights!

Don't you love the reflection of the overflow curtain behind us?  So classy! This blue color was my second choice.  I wanted my favorite color...red. But my mom talked me out of it.  I was too in love to care that much at the time, but I still wish I had fought for it:). That's why I won't fight my girls on their color choices!
  My sister Ann actually made my wedding cake! That's why she isn't in the above picture, she was running late with the cake:). It was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and we served it at the reception.  We had a string quartet playing classical music (some of my dad's students).
As much as I'd love to be that young, thin and fresh again, I'd still NEVER go back!

15 comments:

Grandmommy Crum said...

Oh my gosh this is so adorable!!! I have never seen your wedding pictures! You guys look amazing and so young, your babies! Gail your a beautiful bride! Steve's a stud! Love this post! love ya

Patrice said...

My wedding pictures look just like yours . . . colors and setting and everything! We got a good laugh!

Spencer and Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys look so cute :) It was so fun to see these pictures again! You are a BEAUTIFUL bride :) And Dad looks really ridiculously good looking :) Love you guys!

Jules said...

Yay Happy Anniversary!! I love the pictures! You and dad look like your 12 haha. You both are gorgeous then and now. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Steve looks like he is 12 too! You guys look great and that Toto song chokes me up.....I remember it. I wouldn't go back either.

Karen said...

Sooo cute! You guys seriously look like you're 12.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! My wedding pictures look amazingly similar to yours...hmmm, must have been the era! I do think you look way too you to be getting married. But honestly since we're only 25 now, I guess it's ok! You both look great.

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Oh my you guys were HOT! are you sure Steve wasn't a Deacon and you a Beehive!!!! So fun to see those pictures.. Happy Anniversary... I promise i will do the tag, I'm trying to catch up with Zac being home..I think it's much easier haveing them out on there Mission..

Hina Schneider said...

You guys so cute and very happy. You look absolutely gorgeous in your wedding dress. Happy Anniversary to the both of you.

SHILLVILLE said...

OMG(osh) I found your blog! How fun is that! I loved seeing all your pictures and reading about your family. Dang, you must live a whoppin 5 minutes away and I NEVER see youg guys! Rolland has a blog and I have a facebook. You can find all the links on his blog at www.shillville.blogspot.com
Bye - Love you
Marci

SHILLVILLE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suz said...

Happiest Anniversary! I swear they keep getting better... Atleast that is what you are seemingly telling me!
This blog is spectacular! I had it saved in my "favorites" but somehow only older posts were coming up! So... to my delight, when I opened your comments today, I found a whole life for me to catch up on!
I love it! So fun... Hope all is well in your beautiful corner of Mesa!

Barbie said...

You guys are so cute. Love the song, too. I can't believe we grew up so close to each other. I got married near the end of the
80's, so I had the permed hair.

Mackenzi said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that you posted pictures. It's so fun to see what your wedding was like :)

Chelzy said...

Those pics are so fun to look at! You guys looked so different back then! It was nice to see your announcement though, that was cool too. ;D Happy Anniversary