This past weekend started out with Steve coming home early so we could go celebrate our anniversary since I will be out of town on our actual anniversary. We went to see the new James Bond, Quantum of Solace at the Cine Capri. We loved it! I'd never been to the Cine Capri so that made it extra fun:). We then went out for an early dinner and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon alone. Saturday morning, we had to get up early and be at the annual trade show Christmas shopping fair at the Mesa Marriott Ballroom. This fair is put on by Arizona Trade Exchange which we belong to. We've been going to this for about 5 years now and this year was nothing too exciting but it's always fun to see the frenzy when hundreds of people swarm on an assortment of toys, small appliances and bikes. We bring all of Steve's employees and our kids and it usually give us a jump on our Christmas shopping. It was over quickly this year so we decided to go out to breakfast at Crackers. After that we all went to get our flu shots at the CVS minute clinic. I've been meaning to get that done for weeks now and so it seemed like now or never. After that we went to regroup before going to Austin's birthday party at Stratum Laser tag, (another member of the trade group). There, we spent 2 hours with 10 boys playing laser tag, eating pizza and hanging in the arcade, (boy I'm glad that's over:). Wish I had more pictures.
We then went home where I cut both the boys hair, helped Sean tweak his talk for Sacrament meeting and did laundry, etc. (so much fun!!) Sunday morning came early since we have 8:30 church. Sean spoke in sacrament meeting and Austin was recognized for his advancement from Primary. Steve taught the lesson in Priesthood meeting and right after church Austin was ordained to be a deacon. It was an especially sweet moment for me since all of my boys were able to participate. Steve ordained Austin and Sean was able to assist since it was for the Aaronic Priesthood. It was a good day to be a mom:).
During sacrament meeting we sat behind a young family with 4 small children and it took me back to a time when I was dealing with busy little ones, making the rounds to the foyer. Time goes by way too fast when you're a mom, some days more than others, but still, it goes so quickly! After we got home I collapsed with a much needed nap and then, for dinner, Austin requested his very favorite food....french toast with buttermilk syrup and bacon. So we had breakfast for dinner...one of my favorites too:).




For his cake, he requested an oreo cheesecake. We used re-lighting candles as a joke so check out the video as he's trying to blow them out. (Dad's giving him a hard time:).
For his cake, he requested an oreo cheesecake. We used re-lighting candles as a joke so check out the video as he's trying to blow them out. (Dad's giving him a hard time:).




7 comments:
that video is so funny haha only you and dad would do that. looks like you had a fun weekend! can't wait for you guys to come up here on thursday :)
How fun!! Wish we could've been there :)
Oh, you are awful! Did he finally catch on? Thanks for the invite!
Jefferson and I saw Quantum of Solace on friday and we absolutely loved it. We definently are getting the movie when it comes out. I love Crackers. On occasions I like to go and eat there. Austin cakes looks so good and pretty. The video is hilarious. Poor Austin trying to blow those candles out. By the way I love having breakfast for dinner cause I never get to eat real breakfast because I always am working. Well it sounds like you guys had an exciting and adventurous weekend. I need to stop by soon. Maybe ill come by friday or saturday.
That video is hilarious!!!!! hahaha and congrats to sean for speaking in sacrament! I'm sure he did amazing! And Happy birthday austin again.
wow, austin is so old! crazy! love the video! the best part is your laugh in the background!
Love the video, that was pretty funny! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment