Saturday, November 8, 2008

Apples to Applesauce...

So, I'm documenting how I spent my Saturday. This is pretty exciting stuff....so hold on to your hat......Carly and I made applesauce!! It wasn't hard, but it was time consuming. The best part was it was finally cool enough outside to get excited about canning. Well maybe not excited, but I'm definitely jazzed about being done! All 28 quarts of yummy, organic, cinnamon flavored goodness. I feel so on the ball...at least for the moment. Anytime now, my life will become chaotic again, but I decided to embrace this moment with a blog! I felt like I should document the steps so I won't forget how when next year rolls around with another shipment of Utah apples.


Start with a mixture of different kinds of apples.






Quarter and cook till tender...


















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, way to go!! I love applesauce and I'm drooling over your food storage! I have got to do that:) Also,
I'll call you this week to talk about pictures and a massage. I only work every other week now so I'm off this week but work next. I'll look and see what I have available...

Jules said...

wow you guys are so productive with us girls gone haha im impressed. we are all so excited for you guys to come up here! having dad here has made us miss home more :)

Spencer and Amy said...

Yummy! I wish we were there so we could mooch :) Nice job girls!

Hina Schneider said...

Wow you got tons of applesauce done. Way to go to you and Carly.